HOGC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit affiliate of Hands On Network – a network of nonprofit organizations around the world that inspire volunteers, create leaders, and change lives and communities through effective volunteer action. We envision a community where all individuals discover their power to make a difference and are equipped as active, engaged citizens.
This year, Hands On Gulf Coast will host five events, beginning with a kickoff celebration the morning of October 25th at the Good Deeds Community Center - 15101 Madison Street in Gulfport, see map below. Volunteer check-in and breakfast will begin at 9:00am, before volunteers disperse to their service sites.
It is HOGC's goal to mobilize over 250 volunteers in Harrison, Hancock, and Pearl River county. Register today and bring your family, friends, youth group, and neighbors.
Volunteers are needed for the following projects:
- to build a North Gulfport community garden and clear vacant lots
- join us for Art in the Park, a family volunteer and crafts day in East Biloxi
- remove debris and overgrowth from trails at Shepard State Park in Gautier
- help muck and gut homes of Pearlington residents affected by Katrina and Gustav
- work on construction projects in multiple locations
Kick Off Breakfast & Checkin*: 9am at the Good Deeds Community Center in Gulfport (map below)
Projects Begin: 10am
Day Ends: around 3pm
Please register by October 23, 2008.
* for those not able to drive to Gulfport, you can check in at your site (9:30am), confirm details when you make your reservation
Map to Kick Off location at Good Deeds Community Center, Gulfport, MS.
View Larger Map