This year, we developed, organized and led five volunteer service projects that mobilized over 225 volunteers in Harrison, Hancock and Jackson counties. Volunteers
- built a community garden in North Gulfport,
- helped children connect to their East Biloxi community through creative art projects,
- cleaned garbage and cut trails at Shepard State Park in Gautier,
- gutted and cleaned four homes hit by Hurricanes Gustav and Ike in Pearlington,
- and tiled a shade structure for the Faces of the Gulf Coast project during the Vancleave KaBOOM! build.
Check out our photos on Flickr!
Hands On Gulf Coast thanks the following organizations who helped make the day such a success: North Gulfport Community Land Trust, Gulf Coast Boys and Girls Clubs, Pearlington Recovery Center, One House at a Time, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Keesler Air Force Base, NAVASA, Shepard State Park, and KaBOOM!
This day would not have been possible without the generous donations and efforts of the following organizations, individuals, and companies: Southern Grounds, Salvation Army, Popeye's, Domino's Pizza, Wing Zone, Strami's Italian Cafe, Quizno's, Caitlin Boulger and Ken Wetzel.
Thank you to all volunteers and sponsors who helped make a difference!